The new trailer shows some revised gameplay, new abilities, and “Evil Mask” gameplay in action. Says Yanim Studios regarding the trailer:
“We’re delighted to share … the new trailer for our upcoming 2.5D platformer adventure Red Goddess, showing off a revised edition of the gameplay. In particular, you get to see the gravity jump ability as well as updated, the “Evil Mask” gameplay and User Interface, with world map, player stats and quest. [You also get to see] Divine (the main character) in action, with new environments and characters, baddies to beat and NPCs to greet across the vibrant, unique landscape.”
This marks the third trailer in as many months that we have seen from Yanim Studios. The developer released its first Red Goddess trailer at the end of November with a follow-up to that trailer landing in December.
You can look forward to the following with the upcoming title:
- Explore a mysterious Planet dominated by the subconscious mind of the main character. The narrator is a character who will lead the player, he’s mysterious and dangerous, he has the knowledge and the past holds the secret of Divine, the young goddess.
- Character mask gameplay, you can select only “half” of the main character (either Rage or Fear). The other half is inactive and appears as a mask. Once the alarm is activated the mask will turn against you.
- Unlock spectacular powers as: double jump, fly, telekinesis and the power to possess and explode enemies like a bomb.The player will have to find and collect fragments of memory to unlock new skills and enter new zones.
- Possess and move elements of the planet to uncover the mysteries from the past of the main character.
- Switch from one of three characters: Divine, her Rage or Fear persona.
Yanim Studios is still holding firm on a April 2015 release for Windows PCs and other platforms.