WordPress had announced recently their overhaul to the wordpress.com writing experience. This was the foundation they said they were going to use to build platform apps, to help write and manage WordPress blogs. Coming just a few days after the release of the mac version the app is basically a web wrapper for wordpress.com. It allows you to connect to and manage multiple WordPress blogs including self hosted blogs.
The app was announced officially on wordpress. From their blog post
Now you can manage your sites, write and publish, and even customize your site and view stats from a dedicated app in your Windows Start Menu. Use it for your sites on WordPress.com, as well as for self-hosted WordPress sites. (For the latter, you’ll just need to have the Jetpack plugin installed to connect your site.)
And just like the rest of WordPress.com, the new Windows app is simple, seamless, and blazingly fast.
The new Windows app includes:
- The My Sites dashboard for managing multiple sites, whether WordPress.com or self-hosted WordPress with Jetpack.
- The new WordPress.com Editor, with in-app previewing and draft auto-saving.
- The Reader, which lets you follow and read any of your favorite sites, and the all-new Discover, which recommends outstanding content from across all of WordPress.
- Insights and Stats, which show you exactly how your site and posts are performing.
- In-app notifications, so you can see comments, likes, and new follows all in one place.
This, of course, is just the beginning. We’re excited to have you try it out, and thanks for all your continued feedback and support.