A new Windows 10 Mobile build is now available to Insiders. The good news for insiders is that you no longer need to revert back to Windows Phone 8.1 to install this new build. The build seems to be focused on performance and other general improvements. Let us know if you find out any new features in the build.
From Gabriel Aul’s post on the Windows Blog
Here are some things we have fixed:
- For devices upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1 like the Lumia 930, Lumia Icon, and Lumia 1520 that had the “Hey Cortana” feature – with this build “Hey Cortana” should work again in Windows 10. To make sure it’s turned on, just go to Settings > Extras > Hey Cortana.
- You can now select photos for sharing through third party apps like Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Instagram Beta, WhatsApp etc.
- Battery life should be improved in this build. We fixed several bugs impacting battery life.
- We fixed an issue where you couldn’t choose some apps to show quick status on the Lock screen via Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
- We’ve made improvements to text prediction and auto-correction.
- Video recording functionality has been improved.
- Visual Voicemail sync should now work properly.
- We fixed the dual-SIM issues that appeared in Build 10572.
- We fixed the issue found with Build 10572 where the Chinese Pinyin QWERTY keyboard stopped working after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1 that our Chinese Windows Insiders reported.