Windows 10 news is hopping like mad today. Alongside the launch for business users, consumers are seeing the launch hit them in 190 countries today (though for over 5 million of us who’ve been using the Technical Preview of the software, it’s having a little less of an impact).
We are delighted to make Windows 10 available in 190 countries today. The launch of Windows 10 is being celebrated around the world with global fan celebrations and a new yearlong initiative to celebrate people and organizations making a difference around the world. We’d love to hear how you plan to help #UpgradeYourWorld. Starting today, you can vote for a global nonprofit to receive a cash donation by simply tagging their social handle and using #UpgradeYourWorld and #vote on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter.
If you are still on the fence as to whether or not you should upgrade, here are a few additional pointers on top of things we’ve already covered that should hopefully get you excited:
- Fast and familiar:
– With the familiar Start menu, Taskbar, and Desktop you’re already an expert and Live Tiles provide streaming updates of what matters most to you, instantly.
– Windows 10 is designed to be compatible with the hardware, software and peripherals you already own.
– Free updates help keep you current on features and security updates.
– With OneDrive online storage, you can easily share and keep your files up to date across all your devices, simply.
- Most secure Windows ever:
-Offering enhanced Windows Defender and Smart Screen to help safeguard against viruses, malware and phishing.
-Windows Hello** greets you by name, providing a fast, secured, password-free way to log in.
- More personal and more productive:
– Voice, Pen and Gesture input allow you to more naturally interact with your PC.
– Windows 10 is designed to run Office and Skype perfectly to increase your productivity. New Office Mobile apps on Windows 10 – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote – are available today in the Windows Store. Built for on-the-go scenarios, the Office Mobile apps offer a consistent, touch-first experience for small tablets. Full featured OneNote comes installed with Windows 10 for your digital note-taking needs. The upcoming release of Office desktop apps (Office 2016) will offer the richest feature set for professional content creation, designed for the precision of a keyboard and mouse.
– Cortana*** is your personal digital assistant making it easy to find the right information at the right time.
– You can easily switch between apps and stay organized with Snap and Task View.
– Continuum optimizes your apps and experience beautifully across touch and desktop modes.
- 4) Innovative experiences and new devices:
– New Microsoft Edge browser allows you to quickly browse, read, and even mark up and share the web.
– The integrated Xbox App delivers the Xbox experience to Windows 10, bringing together your friends, games, and accomplishments across Xbox One and Windows 10 devices.
– The Companion Phone app lets you set up your iPhone, Android or Windows phone to work seamlessly with your Windows device.
– Windows powers the most innovative devices today and tomorrow – from phones to tablets to PCs to HoloLens.
– Built-in apps including Photos, Maps, Microsoft’s new music app Groove, and Movies & TV, offer entertainment and productivity options.
Windows 10 also offers great benefits for the enterprise, particularly with its security and multitasking abilities. Find out more here. Have you upgraded yet?