If you’re prone to losing something or you just simply want a way to keep track of your personal belongings just in case, the Treasure Tag from Microsoft Mobile, purchased as part of the Nokia Devices and Services division earlier this year, is a great way to go.
A new update was rolled out this morning that adds some new features and improvements to the application. The app uses the Bluetooth 4.0 Proximity Profile and the Treasure Tag sensor and with the latest update you can now:
- Manage alerts using quiet mode to automatically mute alerts while connected to Wi-Fi networks you select
- You can now also use the button on a Treasure Tag accessory as a remote shutter control to take photos with the Lumia Selfie app
Of course, where would we be without the occassional general performance improvements and bug fixes? The update includes these as well. Of course, it still contains the features Treasure Taggers have been enjoying for months now, including:
- Receive an alert from a tag and locate it using your phone
- Send an alert from your phone to locate a tag
- Check a tag’s last known location on a map
- Pin your favorite tags to Start and see which tags are connected
- Connect up to four tags
Download the new Treasure Tag update via the QR code above. If you haven’t acquired a Treasure Tag yet, you can get one here for $29.95 USD.