We know you love Microsoft’s Age of Empires franchise and the latest iteration on Windows Phone, Castle Siege proves the game series’ popularity with over 4,000 reviews since its launch on Windows Phone back in September.
The latest update for the game seeks to continue that run with a plethora of stability improvements, gameplay additions, and other improvements.
The full changelog is as follows:
- Made improvements to dropped connections during battle. This is an area that we are constantly monitoring and improving.
- Fixed a crash caused on some devices by deploying many infantry at once at the opening of battle.
- Fixed a crash during transitions in matchmaking.
- Fixed a crash involving soldiers leaving siege towers.
- Fixed other miscellaneous crashes.
- We’ve modified the way we award crowns for players in Ages 5-8.
- Wall troops have undergone a strict training regimen against the wiles of the Wololo. As a result, Joan of Arc’s Convert ability no longer affects troops on walls.
- Keeps have bolstered their defenses against mounted troops.
- Winrich von Kniprode has found a flaw in these new defenses and now has a damage boost against all Keeps.
- Richard the Lionheart no longer feels it is an efficient use of his skills to boost mounted troops and will now only boost infantry as per his description.
- Fixed various path finding bugs.
- Players will no longer gain achievements from visiting another player’s castle.
- Phone notifications improvements.
For a limited time, new players get bonus starting Gold when they start the game. Get the new update via the QR code above and post your thoughts on the new version in the comments!