Fitbit has updated their Windows Phone app to version 1.8.270, bringing support for Mobile Run and Mobile Badges Support to the popular fitness application.
Essentially, Mobile Run uses the GPS in your device to track your movements and how you move, whether it’s a run, a hike, or a walk, so you’ll need to have your GPS feature on your Windows Phone enabled to utilize the feature.
No other changes were added with the latest update, but fitness afficionados are certain to appreciate those that were.
The FitBit app itself can be used on its own to track basic activity, or it can also be connected with Fitbit’s line of activity trackers and the Aria Smart Scale to get a complete picture of your daily stats—including steps, distance, calories burned, sleep, weight, and more. Other features include:
- LOG FOOD: Easily log calories with a credible food database.
- CORTANA BETA (US, UK and AU Only): Using Cortana and a custom Fitbit voice experience, log foods and set alarms with simple natural sentences.
- ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS: Set goals, enter your weight, record your sleep and start a food plan. Then view your progress and track your trends with easy-to-read charts and graphs.
- COMPETE WITH FRIENDS: Enlist friends and family to help you reach your goals by sharing stats, joining fitness challenges, direct-messaging each other, and competing on leaderboards.
- SYNC WIRELESSLY: Fitbit trackers continuously sync your stats with your Windows Phone to give you real-time access to your progress without plugging in.
- OUTSMART YOUR WEIGHT: Connect wirelessly to the Aria Wi-Fi Smart Scale to seamlessly track your weight, activity and more.
If you haven’t already, you can download the app via the Windows Phone Store using the QR code above.