Shazam the popular music recognition service has released a new Windows 10 app. This brings the popular mobile version of the app to big screen desktops and tablets as a universal app. We tested out the functionality with a few songs and it worked perfectly well. While one might wonder if a desktop music recognition app has much utility, it can come in handy especially when you are trying to indentify a song in a video, movie or a TV Show. Overall this is a great update and we can’t wait until this version is released for WIndows 10 Mobile as well.
The release was announced on the official Windows Blog here. From the summary
Some of the new features available with Shazam for Windows 10:
- Improved Recognition: Our song identification is now faster and more accurate than ever.
- Content Feed: You can now keep up with news, interviews, sessions, videos and new releases from the artists you love. Great content on your Shazam home screen is driven by your past Shazams and your Facebook friends.
- Windows Store Music Links: If you like a song you discovered, you can now access it directly from the Windows Store.
- Cortana Support: No time to press the big blue button? You can now ask Cortana to do the work for you. Use commands such as “Shazam now” or “Shazam, what’s this song?” to get the name of the song that’s playing.
- Live Tiles: Live Tiles will now remind you of your recent music discoveries.
- New Song Pages: Once you discover a new song, you can now see lyrics (including synchronized lyrics for many tracks), videos and recommendations.
Get the app from the link below